French Onion Soup
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Sautee the onions until clear in the butter.
- Add the cider or juice, and simmer until the onions are golden. About 15-20 minutes.
- Add the pepper, thyme, oregano, and broth. Simmer for 10 more minutes. While simmering, toast the bread cubes until they are crispy.
- Ladle the soup into deep bowls with a small rim. Place 1/4 C. of croutons in each bowl, then cover wit thin slices of gruyere.
- Bake the bowl on a cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then broil until cheese is bubbling and golden. Serve hot and enjoy!